Total Pageviews

Friday, December 14, 2007

Vindicated!!

The ISB results came out recently and I got an admit for the class of 2009! After the initial euphoria subsided, apart from the joy the only thing I felt was... VINDICATION

However, only six months ago, I was still pondering about my future. I knew exactly where I wanted to be ten years down the line and that I needed an MBA to get there. I am a supremely confident individual and back myself to get anything I set my eyes on. However three abortive CAT attempts had given my alter-ego enough ammunition to question: "Was I really as good as I imagined myself to be?" Was the potential ever going to turn in to something concrete? These perennial self doubt questions were intruding my consciousness, once too often for my liking. Though it was not threatening, the thought certainly was very annoying. It is against this backdrop that I decided to put to rest all the demons of uncertainity, once and for all.

I decided to go the GMAT way and so after booking a GMAT date for August end, I started with my preparation. Regular practice for two months made me really comfortable with the exam pattern and finally when I did take the exam, I scored a 780/800!!. The only aberration was a 4.5/6 in the AWA. It was definitely a good score but my job was only half done.

The next part was applying to ISB. I completed the application well in advance and wrote what I consider good Essays. I submitted my application a week before the deadline and sure enough a month later, I got a notification for a telephonic interview. I was determined not to repeat mistakes of the past. (I had walked into an IIMA interview with zilch preparation and goofed up big time!) This time I prepared well for the interview and the interview went very smoothly without a single hiccup! Exactly one month after that the ISB results came out and I was happy to find my name in the list of admitted students.

Though the awesome GMAT score and an admit to ISB do not necessarily mean anything great by themselves, they are a metaphor for what a man's will can achieve. On a personal level, they are a vindication of my faith and belief in my ability to think and act!! A smile of satisfaction suffuses on my face as I recollect the words that describe me most accurately: "I think therfore I am"

4 comments:

Dr Aditya Barigali said...

how i wish such things came true in everyone else's life.

i wish all the very best for a budding business guru.

Karthick Gopal said...

You should put up a post on how you got through how you prepared and what were the interview prep stuff you did to crack this !

All in all a great job done !

Sameer Saurabh said...

Really Inspiring post!!Ezquisite one Rawell...

THE NON RECTILINEAR BEAM said...

a very helpful and motivating blog!!
keep up he good work..
All the very best for ur future!!